The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, March 02, 2009

PIZZA! FRENCH FRIES! PIZZA!!

Although these words usually connote lunch ... for me on Saturday they were my only saving grace to get me safely down the mountain.

My roommates and I decided to teach ourselves how to ski. Or at least that's what they told me. In reality, they had all at least grown up going skiing at least a few times---so I was the true novice at the sport. You can notice in the pictures how comfortable I feel with two 5' pieces of wood strapped to my feet on the side of a mountain.

In all reality, we had a FANTASTIC time. The weather was gorgeous. The company was incredible and luckily I was able to offer some entertainment as I screamed down the mountain and occasionally found myself stuck in a bush, or face planted in the snow (see pictures below). I look forward to future skiing adventures where I can actually show off the skills I gained after just one day at Park City Ski Resort.

Too excited -- we can barely contain ourselves!


Ok, Here Come The Individual Shots:
Jess


Holls


Janelle


ME


Brookie


First time on Skiis


Ready to Rock and Roll


Look at that Form!


And there's me ... face-planted on the side of the mountain. The girls LOVED this. (It made the picture of the day)


These are the "Beginners" I was with:


We Love Skiing!




On the Lift


Pizza was only appropriate for lunch


Such a great day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha, thank you for making me laugh thismorning. that one of you face-planted in the mountain just cheered me up immensly! hahaha... thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I must say you look like a pro...

Kristin said...

Why didn't you call me? I have been an instructor at 2 different resorts in Utah. :) Next time!