The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Belize Travel Log...

The purpose of this trip was to observe a medical training for my field study project. Ponseti International is a non-profit who trains doctors throughout the world on a non-surgical approach to treating club-feet. This is an amazing method, and I have found myself becoming a 'missionary' for it. Go to www.ponseti.info/ for more information.

So here's what I was doing in Belize:

Observing.


Helping children (observing).


This is #1 of 5 casts to make her feet normal.


By now she should have had all of her casting, and her feet are NORMAL. She will be able to run, jump, play, walk--everything.


Daily Living.


Fresh Coconut.

After the medical aspect of the trip, we were invited to go to Ambergris Island (also known as San Pedro) and live the resort life:

Which included a boat ride to the island at sunset.


The Island.


Our "villa".


Morning Kayaking rendezvous off our dock.


Yup that's me, lying in a hammock.


Church.


Our last picture on the island.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so you were super spoiled.... nice pictures :)

Dani said...

Devastated to be home? I would be too...

BrittanyB said...

and to think, all you really had to do was come hang out with me for a week and go to Sammy's club foot appointments to see the casting in action. But I guess if you NEEDED an excuse to travel . . . ;)