Totally unbelievable that I got invited to go to Belize for a school project. Note: I found out about this on a Saturday, booked my flight Monday evening and left early Wednesday morning. CRAZZZY!
Since I was in CA (for meggies wedding and some interviews) and my passport was in Utah (where I live) -- I had to enlist the help of a friend to Fedex it to me. Isnt it amazing what FedEx can do for us? 24 hours later -- passport in hand, I head to LAX. I stayed the night in LA and woke up at 3am in order to catch my 6am flight. Who knew that LAX doesn't even open until 4:15? I spent my few minutes of downtime after checking in to read the newspaper...something that doesn't always happen in Provo.
After that I hopped on a plane to Dallas, grab lunch in Dallas and catch a 3 hour flight to Belize. Such a quick flight. So as I land in Belize -- it just looks like jungle down there. The airport is tiny and the best part is when we landed...and then turned around on the airstrip to head back and park. I walked off the plane (where do you get to do that anymore?) and into warm humid paradise (kinda). My group met me there at the airport and we headed to the hotel.
As we pull up to the hotel, we realize we are located on the ocean. It is beautiful! (see below). Our room looked over the Caribbean Sea and we were pretty sure we landed in paradise.

2 comments:
Hey when did you go to belize?!?! I just saw you for lunch and you didnt mention it!!
I am from Heber. I don't think that we have talked about it...
Post a Comment