Papa.
13 Years ago today my Papa passed away. Needless to say I miss him--especially his humor, and all of the fun adventures we went on. I have fond memories of vacationing in Utah as a young young girl (4 years old) with Papa and Grandma Barbara. Those few weeks I stayed in Utah, I remember Papa teaching me how to catch butterflies and pester animals at the zoo. I also remember going on camping trips, and my only recollection of going fishing was with my Papa (again, as a very young girl). It wasn't too long after that that Papa got really sick. Although I didn't quite understand how the cancer was taking my grandpa from me, I still remember distinctly the day that he left us. Every year on December 5th, I think of him. The years that I'm not living in Bakersfield, I wish I was so I could take some flowers by his resting place.
Although he's not here now, my Papa will always be a part of my life, and I'm grateful for the memories I have with him.
1 comment:
Thanks for the wonderful memories of Papa. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and would be very proud of you. We all miss him so much.
Post a Comment