The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, December 11, 2008

DUSTIN'S DINER



When people ask me about where I'm from, or what my neighborhood is like, I often tell them it's like a neighborhood you see in a movie---but that no one thinks exist anymore. The Haggin Oaks Neighborhood includes 4th of July block parties, Halloween parades and DUSTIN'S DINER.

I'm pretty sure Dustin and Daniel Kilpatrick didn't realize when they were 9 and 11 years old that their simple idea would become a tradition for next 15 years--- and raise over $140,000 (nearly $20,000 each year for the last few years). Although it originated at the Kilpatrick's beautiful home on St. Cloud, as of a few years ago, it has been held at my parents house on Haggin Oaks Blvd/St Cloud.

I feel so blessed to be part of DUSTIN'S DINER each year, and since I've been away at school, I always look forward to coming home and helping sell cookies and hot chocolate--it isn't Christmas without Dustin's Diner.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

amen to that, girl. can you please bring me some? :)