Reducing my carbon footprint?
I decided to walk to the grocery store today. (Ok, so I didnt have a choice; I moved to Washington D.C. sans cougbnd). At first I was invigorated by this new opportunity-- until I realized maybe I shouldn't have walked to the grocery store on my first time getting groceries. Oh and did I mention hungry because I hadnt eaten all day (noted ... just moved and no groceries). Therefore, I grossly overestimated my capacity for carrying groceries across the street (yet still a few blocks) home. After purchasing my food I realized I had a full cart and only my 2 legs to get me home. Clearly I wasnt considering this fact not only by the amount of groceries, but what I chose to buy including:
1. Milk
2. Silk Chocolate Milk
3. Orange Juice
4. Bolthouse Juice (large)
5. Eggs
6. Individual Watermelon
and the list goes on and on. Woops. Thankfully Miss Anna worked out my arms pretty good last week so they were nice and strong and ready for the 15 min workout to my house. I got plenty of funny looks but at least I learned my lesson and had a great experience on my first day in D.C.
Oh and in case you were wondering, I totally left my grocery saks at home to be shipped to me ... so although I saved the earth from carbon emissions... I used way to many plastic bags :(
6 comments:
that is TOO funny! Don't they have people that deliver groceries for you? We always did in NY. it was awesome! I bet they have their own bags too :)
atta girl :0)...what brought you to D.C?
Haha, most definitely something I would do... just my wimpy arms wouldn't be able to carry all the groceries back. You're impressive :-). PS-could you send me Ash's address when you get a chance? I keep remembering to call for it at the most inconvenient times (like right now, when I'm at work).
i just adore you!!! i'm happy you are saving the Earth from carbon emissions!!
i want to see you while in DC!!
mwah loves loves lovesssss
wow, that is too funny! i started a blog! and i totally miss you!
wow, that is too funny! i started a blog! and i totally miss you!
Post a Comment