The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rejection

So I have to admit, I am not a girl that is used to rejection. However, apparently humilty is a quality that I needed to enhance, and perhaps that is why this situation happened to me.
It was the beginning of summer, which we all know to mean, get ready for the summer interns...unfortunately the majority of those are employed as bug boys/satelite boys/alarm boys, which I have realized to be quite arrogant, obnoxious, and just not worth even talking to. However, this summer, I had a new crush. He was in California from BYU on a construction managment internship. Despite the warnings of my dear friend Ms. DancingQueen, I was sure that the BeastMaster was into me and would be a fantastic summer fling. It wasn't long before the Beastmaster and I were great friends and would, on occaision, paint the town of Newport red...flirtacious exchanges were made quite frequently, and finally after weeks of my escalading crush I seized an opportunity to make something happen. Beastmaster wrote me a message on facebook " ...hey what do i have to do to get you to come to institute ? oh and that pic of us in the sunset?" Me, recieving this at 2a.m. and being quite daring decided to make things a little interesting. (I mean, come on, he's only here for the summer. If you make things awkward, you don't hang out with him that much anyway...) So my reply was "Hey what do I have to do to get you to ask me out? :)" Innocent enough, and what's 1 date? Totally no big deal.
I recieved no facebook response, however, immediately after this, BeastMaster began calling and texting daily. He just couldn't get enough. That Sunday he came and sat next to me at church, we went to dinner, and to a fireside together that night. We were having a great time together and he was showing all the signs of being into me....opening my doors, etc. I was sure he would ask me out that night. However, he drops me off, opens my door, gives me a hug and says "ok see ya later". Umm, wait, excuse me? You forgot the part where you ask me what my plans are this week...and which day would be the most convenient for me to go out with you? Seriously? What is the deal?! So, me, being the amazingly impatient, not the least bit understanding person that I am, decide to make things awkward. I call the Beastmaster. The conversation has been permenately erased from my mind due to the extreme humiliation factor. To sum it up into one word: Rejection. It was something along the lines of "I am only here for the summer...your a great girl but...lets just be friends..." Ok I wasnt asking for your hand in marriage, I just thought we could go to dinner sometime...but whatever. Now, most would think that after such an encounter it would be awkward between us, however, it seemed that the awkward conversation only motivated Beastmaster to call more and want to hang out more...excuse me, do you not remember when you just rejected me? No Thanks. I stopped answering his phone calls and was totally over the whole thing.
A few weeks later, I found myself totally bored watching my favorite movie of all time, Pretty Women when Beastmaster called. Not wanting to spend an evening alone I decided I would let him take me out for Boba (an asian smoothie-type drink with small gummy drops at the bottom that you drink through an extra large straw). We went back to my house and began watching random movies on TV. I was laying down on the couch, and he was at the other end. I made sure not to keep myself from touching or being close to him at all, in case he thought I was trying to get close to him. However, after a while he began to do just the opposite. He offered to give me a foot massage...and before I knew what had happened he was laying with me on the couch. Now, most would think this was just a guy seizing the opportunity to get some action, but this guy is totally naive, shy, awkward--not like that. So here we are, laying on my couch, watching Napolean Dynamite. Once again, I am sure to keep myself separated from him, after all, the only reason he is laying on the couch is because his neck hurts from our Flat screen TV being too high on the wall (stupid tv). To make a long story short he totally puts the moves on me--of course-- and of course i fall for it. After a very fun night of kissing, cuddle-ing, and some sleeping...he finally goes home. I am shocked about the turn of events that took place, but have no expectations for the future.
But of course it cannot be left at that. The worse part of this is the rejection aftermath. He feels awkward. He has to come over, tell me all about his feelings how he feels awkward (it's totally not awkward) Ok, seriously who cares? Why are we talking about it? YOU were the one that rejected ME. YOU were the one that asked me out tonight. YOU were the one that sat on my couch, then laid on my couch, then feraking kissed me. It was all YOU so just get over it...so basically...i wrote this whole thing to come to the conclusion that BOYS SUCK...YUCK.

1 comment:

Seth said...

You gotta explain why you call this kid "beastmaster" I mean honestly what's the story there?