The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, July 12, 2013

Baby H {11 Months}

I'm so bad at posting these on time!! Oh well. It's so hard to believe it is July! Partly because time goes so fast and partly because Chicago has had an unusually cool spring/summer. It's July 2 and 60 degrees outside....with a high of 69 today. Crazy.


This little guy is so happy!!
Stats:
22lbs - according to my bathroom scale

My little man is almost 1 year old! It's so hard to believe a year has gone by since I was very very with child and so anxious/excited/nervous to meet him. My life has been filled with joy and love and admiration for this sweet little man. He is a happy, fun-loving, fun baby and I have never been more confident in who I am and what my purpose in life is until I was a mother. Thank you, H, for giving me the greatest joy I have ever known!

A Few Milestones at 11 Months:

- 7 teeth! H got another tooth on the bottom this month! I love his toothy grin and watching him figure out how to use those chompers when he eats. Speaking of eating, boy does this guy love to eat. He just eats and eats and eats.

- Squawking. H is like a little bird when he wants to tell you he wants something. Especially with food. If he sees someone eating. He will squawk at you until you share.  It's actually quite embarassing especially when we are out at a restaurant!

- Fearless. I have to watch him so closely because he really is fearless. He has already faceplanted in the pool while trying to crawl right into it. I was far more scared by it than he was!

- Funny. This kid is so funny and he knows it. His facial expressions are priceless. I love to watch him ham it up when others are around. He's playing them like a fiddle.

- He loves to get into our media console and play with the DVDs. He will pull them out one by one or 3 by 3 until they are all spread out around him.

- He loves to eat! He will eat just about anything and loves to stuff his cheeks full especially with grapes or watermelon.

- H also loves to drink -- he's figured out how to suck from a straw so he will get water from my camelback waterbottle, use his sippy cup, or even drink some of my smoothie from a regular straw. Such a big boy!!

- He has discovered our cupboards. Ryan has child-proofed most of them but he has figured out which ones are proofed and will go and pull things out.

- He stacked his first blocks!! So cute to watch him figure it out.

- He has always been good to entertain himself and play, and now he has learned to read his own books! I love love love to watch him sit and flip the pages and 'read' the books. Its soooo cute.

- He can stand and hold his own weight!! He likes to climb up on me and then let go and stand for 30 seconds before falling. I love to watch him crawl around but I know walking is just around the corner!

- H loves dogs. We go to the park all the time to sit and watch the doggies play, and sometimes, the owners will bring the dogs around to H. He get so excited and even lets the dogs get close to him/give him kisses.

H is our little bundle of joy and we love watching him grow and learn and develop. This is such a fun age and we just can't get enough of him!! 

Taking pictures on this white blanket has proven to be more and more difficult. This look --- 'you want me to do what?' made me laugh out loud!!

there's my happy baby.

The only time he laid down.... I think he got tired!

2 comments:

Lexy and Jared said...

H is 1) brilliant 2) adorable and 3) hilarious. It also makes me so happy to witness how much you love being a mother. Love you and your sweet boy!

Shantal said...

I love the picture of him standing on the chair. What a cutie! I have totally given up on taking pictures of L on a blanket... but I'm glad you got one of him! haha