The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby H {6 Months}


Photo by the talented Tiffany Rebecca

I honestly can't believe my little man is 6 months old. It's so crazy how fast time goes by and how much they grow and change every single day. In some ways it feels like he's been a part of our lives forever and in other ways it feels like yesterday I was pregnant. Crazy. Ok, I'll stop being that mom now... onto the stats.

19 lbs 7 oz, 75%-95% weight
26 inches long, 75% height

He does this head swinging thing that is so funny and cute. Its like he's dancing with his upper body as he swings back and forth. If you do it back to him, he will do it again. It's a game we like to play!

His new favorite toy is a plastic tupperware container. It has entertained him for hours.... so funny.

He does have other favorite toys that have emerged -- goldfish (a rattle from his GGMA for Christmas) and Moose. It's so cute to see him get so excited to play with his favorite toys.

He figured out how to click clack with his tongue and also has started sounding out consonants. Ryan swears he said "dada" tonight but I haven't heard it yet so I'm not convinced! :)

His weight gain has slowed down -- I'm surprised he is still wearing 6-12 month clothes; the rate he was at before, I thought he would be out of them already.

He can sit up on his own!!! Unsupported he can sit there on his own and play with his toys. Of course we hover and stay close by but he is getting so strong.

He loves his Johnny Jump up more than ever. He has figured out how to run and jump and then swing back and forth. He gets quick the work out! Ryan is convinced he will walk before he crawls... we'll see about that!

H had his first bites of solid food!! We started with rice cereal and it was so bittersweet. I couldn't believe how emotional I was about it. He was totally ready for it and knew how to slurp the cereal and swallow. Next we tried applesauce and with that we got some funny confused faces!

Sleeping, oh sleeping. Its been a very long month in that regard. After Christmas break his sleep digressed and we had a lot of bad nights and a few miserable nights. We have decided to re-sleep train him and believe we are on the upswing finally; with a week or so of solid 12-13 hours of sleep.

A tooth!! His first tooth broke through on Monday Feb 11--- no wonder sleeping has been such an issue. Poor baby has been in pain!

Swimming! We took a trip to Wisconsin overnight and took Hunter swimming, he totally loved it. I can't wait to take him again.

There's a reason they call this yoga move, happy baby.
love that face.

1 comment:

Tiffany Rebecca said...

I'm still blown away by what a good eater he is! And I can't believe it's been 6 months! Time flies.