The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Chicago Christmas {A Merrill Tradition}

Snuggled up on the couch after church.

Ryan and I started a tradition when we were dating of having our 'own' Christmas. I decorated his bachelor-pad apartment with stockings and garland, and we exchanged gifts. After we were married, we continued this tradition with a full Christmas dinner and stocking/gift exchange before we leave town to visit our families. Its one of my favorite things about Christmas each year!

My handsome men.
Morning snuggles.

Of course Hunter's favorite thing was the tissue paper!
This year, we held Christmas on Sunday December 23. We started with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, church, and then an afternoon of gift exchange and cooking. For dinner I made: Roasted Pumpkin soup, twice baked potatoes, cider-glazed bacon green beans, rolls and Prime Rib with a berry punch. I have to admit, it was one of the best meals I have ever made. AMAZING!

Christmas Feast!

We like to hang our stockings on the speakers...our yule log is on the tv :)

Entry way.
After dinner we held a group skype with my family in Maryland and California. It was so fun to be all together and open gifts together-- almost as good as being there in person. We finished the night with packing for our Utah Christmas (I was very proud with the minimal packing I did and fit everything, including gifts and my madela in my carry-on bag).

Hard to see but this is my mom, dad, brother and then sister, nephew, grandma, brother in law, aunt and cousin.






Hunter skyping.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the idea of your own Christmas! and that dinner looks AMAZING!!

Lexy and Jared said...

When are they going to invent 4D photos so I can eat some of your dinner, too? Looks incredible!