The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Sunday, November 04, 2012

Forest in the Plains

September 2012, Palos
When we moved to Illinois we realize how flat the Midwest is --- and I can say it's not one of our favorite things about Chicago. The closest things we have to mountains are the skyscrapers....which is fun for city-living but not when you want to get out and enjoy nature!

One of Ryan's favorite hobbies is mountain biking. We were able to find some good trails to ride in Minnesota, and even Wisconsin, but not quite in Illionois. Until we learned about Palos, a forest preserve about 20 miles outside Chicago. Pretty soon Ryan was spending his Saturday mornings riding and when his biking buddy couldn't make it one Saturday, I offered to go -- and take H with me.

We walk/hike the trails while Ryan rides, and it makes for a pretty great Saturday enjoying Nature. I love to talk to H and tell him what we are seeing: The colors of the leaves, the birds, lakes, wind brushing our faces, etc. I love this time with him even if he is usually sleeping or crying while we are doing it :)

I'm grateful for nature and the peace and joy it can bring to us in this busy, crazy world.



Baby H in the carrier

Our hike around the lake.

My mountain man!

Fall colors,
October 2012

H and I -- H mid-spit up...it was an exciting hike that day! Nursing on the trail, major blowout (note his blanket-pants) and lots of spit up. Living it up.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I wish we'd known about this place! Gorgeous. We felt the same way about Chicago...so in love, but seriously missing mountains.