The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Snow Fall

So, normally the first snow fall is a very exciting event. I love seeing the snow on the trees and especially the morning after a good snowfall. There's something magical about it... but not in Minnesota.

You see, in Utah, the first snowfall would be at the END of October, or maybe even really in November. BUT in MINNESOTA, the first snowfall apparently happens on October 12.

Ryan and I woke up to snow on Wednesday -- but not only did we wake up to the snow, we woke up to the snow falling, and falling and falling. It snowed ALL day on Wednesday, and didn't stop until 3:00pm. Normally, I would take a picture of this, but I was so depressed that it wouldn't stop snowing that I couldn't bring myself to do that. 3 INCHES later, we had our first official snow fall. I am still praying for the weather to warm up just a little (like maybe 50 degrees) so we can have a real FALL before we have winter. The winters here are so long anyway, do we really need to start it in October? Sigh.

Needless to say my Minnesota Honeymoon is over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha.... oh get used to it! it only gets colder from here! :)

Mrs. Schmalison said...

oh you're making me cold. I'll stick to Bakersfield winters where the only white we see is fog:)