The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, January 15, 2009

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

So I've had my laptop for 4 years now. A good stint for a computer, I think. Although I've faced many computer woes in the last few months, luckily I have some great friends who have helped me and helped my computer hang in there until I'm done with school and (hopefully) get a job, and can afford a beautiful new piece appendage of my body... aka a new computer.

In addition to the wear and tear my computer itself has taken over the last few years, also my laptop cord has also suffered some normal wear and tear damages. I noticed on Tuesday that the cord wire was frayed. I remembered this happened a few months ago to my brothers computer, and that my dad had fixed it. Assuming that "fixed it" = slapped some electrical tape around the fray, I asked my friend Spencer to wrap some electrical tape around the wound.

As I held the cord steady, smoke seeped out of the cord. A small stream of smoke quickly lead into more and more smoke, which lead to a FLAME. Yes, folks, a FLAME. Of course I screamed, threw the cord across the room, and then proceeded to be mocked by my friends. It was a great time.

Needless to say I'm taking the cord back to my Dad to fix (apparently fix=more than electrical tape) and if he can't fix it, I'll pay the $80 for a new cord.

Sigh.

5 comments:

BrittanyB said...

nice macguyver. . . try duct tape ;)

Unknown said...

lol.... only you.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! WE CAN BOND ON THIS LOVELY ISSUE!

My laptop was totally having keyboard problems in at the asdfghjkl; and zxcvbnm letters weren't working!... I felt like the only letter that worked was "q"

and all week i was doing my assignments copying and pasting letter by letter!!!

luckily it is fixed now...but oh how i know how it feels!

ps: i miss you and we need to see each other soon!

Meagan said...

haha, hope things worked out with that. :)

Stacie S-H said...

Did you get a new cord? If I were you, look on craigslist or ebay. I got a new cord for my sister Laura's laptop that way for $20 and it works great.