The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Perfect Storm

After watching just about everyone in Provo go jogging (pronounced yagging)today I finally decided to go for a run myself (and can I just say -- for the ever so brief glimpse of spring we had on Friday, it was not enought to allow girls to be so scantily-clad while jogging around Provo. Definition: scantily clad would mean pulling your shorts up so high that they cant be seen under your t-shirt or tying your wife-beater up with a rubberband, thus displaying your stomach. Really? Come on girls!) So, I had been outside earlier, and it was fairly warm (in Utah terms that means 40) so I threw on my running pants and my proud UCI Mens Volleyball National Champions t-shirt and took off. I figured if I got cold I'd just run a little faster and warm myself up.

About half-way through my run the wind started blowing and the clouds began to look a little more ominous.

Then I noticed the trees blowing a little harder… and little spots on the cement which I soon realized were rain drops.

I felt the temperature begin to drop and the storm begin to come into full effect. Before I knew it, I realized this was the first time I had been running in the snow. The wind was blowing so hard my legs would trip each other as they attempted to hit the pavement with each step. The snow falling lightly and grazing past my cheek, landing softly on the grass beside me.

As I ran I realized that it wasn’t the cold air hitting my face, or the constant stinging on my bare arms that bothered me most about running in the storm. The worst part was the numbing in my fingers and the intense concentration it took to change the song on my iPod shuffle each time a lackluster song would emerge.

I thought the first day of March would mean I could put my cold gear away. Guess I was wrong. I better buy some running gloves.

1 comment:

BrittanyB said...

ah provo weather. Better keep the cold gear out till may, every now and then you'll get a lame cold snap outta no where.