The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I LOVE G.B.

One of the amazing perks of going to BYU is getting to see General Authorities Speak. This week we were fortunate enough to have President Hinckley speak at our Homecoming Devotional. I was so excited and thought that if I got there a few hours early, I would be able to secure a good seat in the Marriott Center. Too bad Ashley laughed at me and informed me that people sleep over outside the Marriott just to get good seats. My hopes and dreams were crushed... momentarily. Until I realized that my sister has a massive hook up working for a VP of BYU and all.

So basically.... I have the best little sister ever. She totally hooked me up and I sat 2nd row at the Devotional!!! President Hinckley is so so cute and it was awesome to be able to see him that close up. (I could literally see the hairs sticking up on his head!) As he sat down, he was so cute, he put a paper over his eyes to shield the light so he could look out into the audience :) Then, he gave us some great counsel, and applied the principles of the 13th article of faith to our lives. He also congratulated us on our 10 year running hold as the "Stone Cold Sober Campus", and awknowledged the newly awarded #1 ranking for the Marriott's Business Program. As he left, he waved his cane and smiled at us all. Sigh. It was such a sweet experience.

No comments: