The Americanized Day of Love. It seems as though people either love it, or hate it. And often too many guys are forced to love it, for the sake of the women in their lives. It seems as though many, who find themselves single on this commercialized holiday, have some sort of animosity towards it because of their "unfortunate" status. I, however, always look forward to the chance to express my love and appreciation to my favorite people in my life; whether they are a "significant" other or not. So this year, I recieved an anonymous Valentines Day Gift, flowers (my favorite) this morning on my doorstep. However, to my surprise, the card was labelled "Kylie". I can't say the surprise wasn't slightly tainted by this lack of execution on my admirer's part. Is this the time to recognize "it's the thought that counts?" Or is it weird/creepy/thoughtless that my admirer doesn't know how to spell my name? ...
Happy Day of L.O.V.E.
No comments:
Post a Comment