The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, June 09, 2011

Iron & Wine
Summer Concerts at Millennium Park

I knew Iron and Wine was a well-known band, but I was NOT prepared for the crowds waiting for hours upon hours for their show. This is a free concert at the Priztker Pavillion at Millennium Park. I'm assuming it was mostly college kids ditching class who showed up at 3pm to save seats. Seriously?! I thought I was a little crazy for showing up 1.5 hours before the show started to save seats for my 8 other friends + husband. I didn't realize I would be holding down the fort for so long alone... it was kind of awkward, but somehow I made it work. I was grateful when everyone started getting off work and showing up so I didn't look like a total hog with my two blankets out in such a cramped space. Even getting there 1.5 hours early I could barely find a space for my 2 blankets, and that was without even CONSIDERING going into the main lawn area.
Past the gate is the main lawn area for the concert. See how packed it is? Ps. this lawn area can hold at least 5,000.

Right next to us on the lawn area outside the gate. 1.5 hours before concert starts.


We had a great picnic with Asian pasta salad, yummy Wisconsin cheeses, grapes, chips and salsa and watermelon. Delicious, and a great way to spend a Monday night -- great friends, great music, great food. I love Chicago summers.

Immediate area at start of concert.

Great Friends, Great Food, Great time.

No comments: